Thursday, April 23, 2009

A singer shares experiences


IMG_7303x, originally uploaded by oamcsinger.

Pictured above: Dave Schmidt, right, with Alin Apostol


By David Schmidt., 2nd tenor, OAMC president
Received Thursday, April 23, 2009 at 11:24 a.m. Pacific

The past several days have been extreme highlights for me. Musically, program in Targu-Mures in the small concert hall with the three balconies was a tremendous experience! It was a beautiful, intimate setting, with every seat filled. Musically it was as close to "perfect" as we can do. The 43-piece orchestra was the best OAMC has ever had, the organ was tremendous.

Then the next night in Brasov at the Black Church (i.e., cathedral) was an incredible experience with the long reverb time, the setting so beautiful. I hope you were able to hear it streamed online and experience it with us. For me it was probably the musical highlight of my life, and a great spiritual time as well. I'll never forget it.

To be able to experience all of this with our new Romanian friends has made it an even richer time. From my standpoint, every hope I've had for this Mission has been met, plus more. There are some fine musicians among the Romanians, plus wonderful Christian men. It has been a rich blessing to be part of this along with them.

I'm glad our time here will end not with a visit to a castle or museum, but with a musical "high," two programs this coming Sabbath. I'm looking forward to it with mixed emotions: the music will be thrilling, but I'm not anxious to see the time here come to an end.

As I've reflected on the music of the combined choruses, it reminds me of Ingathering from years back. I honestly believe the angels have been singing with us because I think the music has been much better than we could expect to produce by ourselves. We've been praying earnestly for the Lord's blessing on this time and I'm certain He has been with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment