Thursday, April 30, 2009

Security check at Parliament building

By Rick Pummel

Just a little thing that happened to me on the last Friday (April 25) of the trip . . .

We got to visit the Romanian Parliament building Friday morning. Of course, first we all had to go through security, just like at the airport. I was one of the last to go through.

After my small camera bag passed through the x-ray machine, the officer got a serious look on her face and asked me to open my camera bag. She then pointed to something on her monitor and asked me what it was. I couldn't see it, so I shrugged and said I didn't know. She then came over and very seriously watched as I opened the bag. She pointed to an outer pocket. I unzipped it and carefully removed my pitch pipe. She eyed it suspiciously, so I blew a couple notes. She took a closer look . . . and then let me pass.

I'll never use my pitch pipe again without having a little chuckle!

No comments:

Post a Comment